"We did not inherit the earth from our parents, we borrowed it from our children"
We opened Pobbles because we care about the environment and maintaining our beautiful surroundings here on Gower. We are concerned over the devastating impact caused by single use plastics & the effect it has on our beautiful coastline and eco systems here and around the world.
We want to give our customers a way of shopping for healthy, local produce (packaging free) without having to pay a premium. So we really are "a shop where consuming doesn’t have to cost the earth" in all meanings of the expression.
Package Free Shopping
Our community has pledge to become a plastic free community - an initiative backed by local counsellor Sue Rodway. So our commitment to achieving this is visible though these initiatives:
- Recycled materials used in shop as much as possible.
- Till system and high spec scales to make shopping experience quick and easy.
- Providing a place for people to shop knowing their impact on the environment is as minimal as practically possible.
- Work together as a community to make much needed changes.
- Ethos-eating real food with minimum packaging, returning to a simple way of shopping to benefit our health and the planet.
- Where we source our food from is important to us we use Suma and essentials co-operatives for whole foods supplied in paper sacks and store cupboard essentials and support local producers.
- Stocking sustainable brands.
Local Artists & Crafts
We support local artists and crafts people and sell a range of items which have been made locally.
Our stock changes over frequently as these items are hand made, but some items you might find regulalrly in our shop include:
- Paintings and prints
- Gifts and trinkets
- Landscape photography
- Soap and toiletries
- Objects made from driftwood
- Love spoons
- Tea towels and screen prints
- Glass ware
And so much more. Be sure to come in and check out what we have in stock.
We are located only 10 minutes drive from Swansea on the beautiful Gower Peninsular. An area of outstanding natural beauty. A claim we are proud of and want to maintain. Cutting out plastic waste is our commitment towards that.
11 Southgate Road
Swansea SA3 2BT
Tel: 01792 931259
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 10.00am till 6.00pm. Saturday 10.00am till 4.00pm